A Louisville man is so close to the coveted “MasterChef” title and a $250,000 grand prize that he can taste it.
On Wednesday, Gerron Hurt cooked his way into the Top 3 and the finale on season nine of the popular home chef cooking competition on Fox hosted by celebrity chefs Gordon Ramsay, Aaron Sanchez and Joe Bastianich. The last time an amateur chef from Kentucky did this well on “MasterChef” was Brandi Mudd of Irvington, who was the runner-up on Season 7.
But before he goes head-to-head with two other contestants next Wednesday, Hurt has confirmed he will be in Louisville at the Food Truck & Craft Beer Festival this weekend and will take part in a meet-and-greet session Sunday from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
More: Will Louisville’s ‘MasterChef’ contestant make it to the semi-finals?
Background: From Newburg to MasterChef, this Kentuckian is lighting up the kitchen
The festival runs until 5 p.m. at the Edison Center, 701 W. Ormsby Ave. For more information click here.
Some of the participating food trucks include:
- El Mambo Food Truck – Gourmet Cuban Cuisine
- Pop’s Roadside Diner – Elevated traditional diner food
- Boo Boo Smoke Shack – Awesome BBQ
- Black Rock Grille – Burgers ‘n fries
- La Chandeleur – French crepes and fresh cut French fries
- Motoring Gastro – meat/vegan/veggie options
- Louisville Sushi Truck – Fresh, out-of-this-world sushi
- The Blue Crab – Crab cake…